Le Dimanche 24 Août 2003 12:24, Ben Reser a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 04:37:53PM +0100, Brian Tyndall wrote:
> > Perhaps we need  to fix an hour to do the rsync from the main mirror ?
> > like 2x per day, 0h GTM and 12h GMT, ppl at mandrakesoft will update
> > their public server, and from here, other mirrors ftp will get the
> > stuff without these problems ?
>
> Do you realize that this won't work?  If everyone syncs at the same time
> and only twice a day it will take days for things to propogate to all
> the mirrors.  Most better mirrors are probably syncing once an hour.
>
> Further, the problem you are trying to solve is happening because you're
> syncing at the same time as the mirror upstream from you.  So limiting
> everyone to sync at roughly the same time would just make this worse.
I think you didn't understand completly was I was talking about.
I have proposed to only update the primary mirror once (or twice) a day.
Not asking every mirror to do that, they need to be up to date.

Debian works with way too, and they don't have these problems.
http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror.en.html#when

Emmanuel