Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 07:52:49AM +0200, Dave Cotton wrote:
>> Question really is who set the 6 month limit? If the mad rush to keep up
>> with the cycle causes the problems that are occurring at the moment then
>> it must be questioned. If the problem isn't faced up to, there may not
>> be a requirement for a six month cycle in the future, there may not be a
>> future.
>
> You have a question about that?  I think the answer is obvious.
> Mandrakesoft.  There was some discussion about backing off on the rate
> of releases a while back.

Mandrakesoft may be the obvious reason, but would it be a better release cycle?

Presently I would even favor a 4 months release cycle. And there are
far enough changes in the linux world in 4 months to justify a new
release.

I am convinced of several things :

- a non fix release date is bad, because a release is never finished and we
need to move on.

- a too long release cycle is bad, because new computers does not work correctly
without new XFree, new kernel and so on.

- a too long release is bad because it means less pressure, ond good things only
happen under pressure.

--
Warly