On Sun, 31 Dec 2017, Robert wrote:

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 09:21:26 +0100
From: Robert <rob...@perl.org>
To: Ask Bjørn Hansen <a...@perl.org>
Cc: Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl>, cpan-workers <cpan-workers@perl.org>
Subject: Re: sponsor logo on home of CPAN mirror

Encouraging mirrors to inject code is a very bad idea from a security
perspective.  I agree with Ask that allowing them to inject config is safer
but is still a slippery slope.

  Ok ; here is the same thing with a /local/site.json file,
  instead of a /local/site.js file :

    http://cpan.cs.uu.nl/ondex2.html

  View the page's source for javascript code and user instructions.

  I think I prefer having local mods confined to "/local/",
  and to disallow any other changes.

  Regards,

  Henk Penning