On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 7:22 AM, coderman <coder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Ralph Holz <h...@net.in.tum.de> wrote:
>> Hi Jake,
>>
>> Ian Grigg just made a point on metzdowd that I think is true: if you
>> want to change the NSA, you need to address the [...]
>> [... money] Because the chain goes like this:
>>
>> corporate money -> election campaigns -> representatives -> NSA
>

> it should be noted that corporate money influence is currently aimed
> at privacy eroding efforts in myriad manner.
In the US, I believe Step 1 is to recognize citizens' the Right to
Privacy. Step 2 applies to the US and abroad, and its recognize a
Right to be Forgotten.

The US is well behind the curve for the first step considering privacy
is a right in many places like Europe. That's what makes the US
activities so egregious: these are human rights violations, and not
merely minor transgressions.

Jeff