-Caveat Lector-

I think June's sign off at the bottom of this exchange is hilarious: here
it is:> "June (who gladly decorates trees, recognizing their pagan roots,
but doesn't worship them)..."  This sums up a lot of the situation. There
is no question, for instance, that when St. Boniface found the Germans
worshipping the evergreen trees, he told them to keep the tree as a part of
the celebration, but worship it no longer, rather use it in the celebration
of the birth of Jesus Christ, the true fount of ever-(green)-lasting life.
(OK, I through in the "green" myself, but you get the idea.) Now, what is
so wrong with this? St. Boniface gave up a non-essential, to focus the
population on an essential. . . . and so this method has been used over and
over by the Roman Catholic Church . . . with the result that the world
became civilized. And now the forces of neo-paganism with their birth
prevention (anti-baby) pills, abortion, "mercy" killing and the whole mix,
knows enough to focus on the Roman Catholic Church as its main enemy,
witness the absurd Celestine Prophecy series, of recent vintage.

Many neo-pagans think they have a great "find" when they reveal that many
cultures have the story of a Savior, and mother and child "team" like Jesus
and Mary, etc. Did it ever occur to any of these neo-pagans that the ONLY
way these "legends" could have appeared in so many cultures is that they
have a common source? And that source was the promise of a Savior for
mankind passed on by Noah after the great flood. As the earth was
repopulated, and the peoples spread out over the earth, the legend got
corrupted and ended up in many different versions in the different
cultures. Or does anyone care to uphold the only possible alternative
hypothesis, that 'evolution" planted the need for the the "Savior ---
Mother-Child" in mankind as it "evolved" -- what a RELIGIOUS "blind, but
consistent, force" evolution would have to be!"

And those who believe that Jesus is a myth, might try to explain the Shoud
of Turin, which still defies all explanations despite Ruling Elite attempts
to debunk it in recent years; the miracle at Fatima in 1917 witnessed by
70,000 people and converting the skeptics at O Seculo (Lisbon, Portugal)
newpaper who came to ridicule and expose it as a hoax --- the
Incorruptibles, (see book by Joan Carroll), etc. and so on. As Joe Sobran
said, if you think that Jesus was a hoax, consider that His words are still
be quoted 2000 years later --- and he didn't exactly have Big TV to help
spread them in everyone's household. But even so, how is it His words are
still quoted so extensively 2000 years later? Sobran recommends that those
who think this type of thing can be manufactured, should "get in practice"
by trying to say just ONE thing that people the world over will be
repeating 5 years from now, or ten years from now. Go ahead, try it. You
have the internet to help you now. It might not be as easy as you think
without Divine backing.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night! Jim Condit Jr.