Thank you June for clearly illustrating this distinction.  Roam rulers are to blame,
and the silliness is that anyone would think it was the Jews.  There is an excellent
article in Fortean Times about the persistence of myth in history (regarding the "Jews
killed Christ" idea, and the Protocols, and the "wandering Jew") and its use as
justification for heinous acts against the Jewish people as a whole.  It is a good
article.

On Fri, 23 June 2000, Ynr Chyldz Wyld wrote:

> From: "Nicky Molloy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > This is self explanatry as to the silliness of it. You should mean
> the
> > Pharisees decided to get rid of Jesus and the Romans didn't stop
> them.
> > Pontius Pilate washed his hands and the crowd said let Barabbas go -
> > "Crucify Him".
>
> Crucifixion was solely the provence of the Roman State; the Pharisees
> did not have the legal right to crucify anyone.
>
> Crucifixion was only used for people convicted of high crimes and
> misdemeanors against the Roman State.  Only a Roman official could
> decree crucifixion.
>
> The authorities of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem COULD condemn a
> 'heretic' to death, but the condemned was then stoned to death.
>
> To repeat:  crucifixion was a manner of death reserved solely for the
> Roman political state, and only used for prisoners convicted of major
> crimes, including treason against the Roman state.  A Jewish prophet
> claiming to be the Messiah would NOT have been crucified by the Roman
> state unless that man represented a major threat somehow to the Roman
> state.  The Romans would never have crucified someone just because the
> Pharisees asked them to.
>
> If it was just a matter of the Pharisees wishing to kill Jesus, they
> could have easily condemned him in the Sanhedrin and then had him
> stoned to death.
>
> The fact that Jesus was crucified shows that the Romans considered him
> a significant threat to Rome.
>

> > Can we now blame them for Jesus' death then? Romans according to you
> > tenebroust are white Europeans. ROMANS are the same race as ITALIAN
> > CATHOLICS in the Vatican.
>
> And yes, since it was the ROMANS who killed Jesus in a manner solely
> reserved by ROME for people convicted of high crimes against ROME, then
> yes, white Europeans are guilty for Jesus' death...
>
> But what does it matter?  The whole "raison d'etre" for Jesus'
> manifestation in the flesh was so that He would ultimately be condemned
> to die a horrible death as a sacrifice to atone for our sins.  So it
> doesn't matter WHO killed Him then, does it...since without being
> condemned to die as a sacrifice, His life would have been meaningless.
>
> In other words, God's plan did NOT call for Jesus living to a ripe old
> age and dying in His own bed of old age...
>

> > Maybe I should sit on the fence and just comment on the posts that
> come by
> > and tell people what the real truth is so they won't be deceived by
> reading
> > them and thinking they are true. After all now I have 5 predators
> attacking
> > my character. Not worth posting anything is it. Satisfied?
>
> You obviously had a mistaken notion of this list, if you thought it
> would be a forum where you could post your undocumented ramblings
> without discussion and debate.
>

> June

> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3