Thanks Jeff.  That explains why I don't see DBI show up in the Active
State documentation - I wasn't able to get PPM to through our firewall
and/or proxy, so I resorted to downloading the package and installing it
manually.

Hardy Merrill wrote:

> One question - does the documentation for CPAN modules that I
install
> get inserted into the Active State documentation?

AFAIK, anything you install with Activestate ppm will add its docs to
the HTMLized help.  If you install with CPAN or manually, the docs
won't
get added.  You could always do a pod2html on the module and copy that

into the Activestate tree.

Personally, since I got broadband, I often go to search.cpan.org to
look
at docs because it has cool things on top of the HTML - like a button
look directly at the source and the ability to diff versions from a
URL.
   OTOH, things like perlpod and perlfunc I tend to look at locally.

--
Jeff