I needed to find a thread I remembered from this mailing list and thought of
the list of mailing list archives on the dbi.perl.org web page. I found what I
was after in the groups.google.com archive but was surprised to see a number of
other posts I did not recollect. Examples are:

"DBD::Oracle for Oracle 9.2" thread started 1-dec-05
http://groups.google.com/group/perl.dbi.users/browse_thread/thread/6ea69bfe603db
4f5/e70f0c2efc0819a4?hl=en

and

How to Handle Transparent Application Failover TAF with DBD-Oracle
http://groups.google.com/group/perl.dbi.users/browse_thread/thread/e15d0e9ecc588
0ea/fc7c403d629391af?lnk=raot&hl=en#fc7c403d629391af

In particular I could not believe I would have missed someone saying:

"You can't do it. DBD::Oracle doesn't support TAF, direct loads or array
interface. DBI is not database neutral. DBI is geared toward MySQL and
PostgreSQL.

DBD::Oracle is not being fixed because Tim Bunce is pushin open source
databases, and Oracle driver isn't getting fixed and/or enriched with the new
features. If you want a decent database driver, try with Python. "

I cannot find these postings on the mail-archive.com or nntp.perl.org archives
so where did they come from? Is this some sort of mailing list to news gateway
issue I've missed?

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans