On 12/6/05, Martin J. Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I needed to find a thread I remembered from this mailing list and thought of
> the list of mailing list archives on the dbi.perl.org web page. I found what I
> was after in the groups.google.com archive but was surprised to see a number
> of
> other posts I did not recollect. Examples are:
>
> "DBD::Oracle for Oracle 9.2" thread started 1-dec-05
> http://groups.google.com/group/perl.dbi.users/browse_thread/thread/6ea69bfe603db
> 4f5/e70f0c2efc0819a4?hl=en
>
> and
>
> How to Handle Transparent Application Failover TAF with DBD-Oracle
> http://groups.google.com/group/perl.dbi.users/browse_thread/thread/e15d0e9ecc588
> 0ea/fc7c403d629391af?lnk=raot&hl=en#fc7c403d629391af
>
> In particular I could not believe I would have missed someone saying:
>
> "You can't do it. DBD::Oracle doesn't support TAF, direct loads or array
> interface. DBI is not database neutral. DBI is geared toward MySQL and
> PostgreSQL.
>
> DBD::Oracle is not being fixed because Tim Bunce is pushin open source
> databases, and Oracle driver isn't getting fixed and/or enriched with the new
> features. If you want a decent database driver, try with Python. "
>
> I cannot find these postings on the mail-archive.com or nntp.perl.org archives
> so where did they come from? Is this some sort of mailing list to news gateway
> issue I've missed?

The mailing list is closed - only signed up members can post.
There's no way for groups.google.com to enforce that restriction, so
'phantom' postings can appear at Google.  'Bart the Bear" has never
posted to dbi-users that I recall.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2005.02 - http://dbi.perl.org