Hi Bernard,

Faviki is a service that I have waited for a long time. I used
del.icio.us in the past, but its social component was mostly irrelevant
to me. I want to use a bookmarking service for my own personal benefit
of storing and remembering websites.

This social stuff is great if it makes it easier for me to reach my
goal, and the delicious tag recommendation is a good example. People tag
their stuff, and by doing so they help other users. But I would never
contribute to delicious *just* to help other users (and to train the
recommendation algorithm).

Here's a fantastic blog post about that relation of personal benefit and
social systems:
http://bokardo.com/archives/the-delicious-lesson/

Faviki has great potential, but IMHO they have to find a way to use
DBpedia's semantic graph to provide additional *personal* value to their
users. The potential feature of contributing to Wikipedia you've
mentioned is indeed very interesting, but the system has to be built in
a way that these social contributions happen as a side effect of people
using the system because they love it for the personal problems it
solves.

Cheers,
Georgi

--