On 9/1/13 4:31 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
On 9/1/13 11:42 AM, Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt wrote:
Hi Kingsley & all,

Wikidata RDF URIs are of the form http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42 ,
not http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42#this .

I didn't imply they were.

What I am demonstrating is the fact that adding "#this" produces a global identifier that can be used for denotation in a manner that facilitates cross linkage.

The URI/URL <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42> denotes a Web Document.

The URI <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42#this> denotes something else e.g., the entity described by the document <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42> . Net effect, you can make a linkset comprised of owl:sameAs relations without minting new URIs e.g., new DBpedia URIs. You also end up with RDF triples that can be merged in the context of owl:sameAs based reasoning etc..

I've just re-run some tests against the Wikidata URIs using curl, here's what I am now seeing:
curl -IL http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42
HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 22:29:23 GMT
Server: Apache
*Location: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:EntityData/Q42*

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Server: nginx/1.1.19
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 22:29:24 GMT
Cache-Control: private, s-maxage=0, max-age=0, must-revalidate

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.1.19
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 22:29:25 GMT

Conclusion:

In a pretty awkward way, Wikidata is asserting that:

<http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42> denotes an entity e.g., 'Douglas Adams' . <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:EntityData/Q42> denotes a document that describes <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42>.

Thus, one can conclude:

<http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42> owl:sameAs <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Douglas_Adams> .

Still not requiring DBpedia specific URIs for Wikidata.

On the TBox side, we have:

curl -IL http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q215627
HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily