I guess the problem we're facing is rather common: Organisation A (in
our case, Wikidata) publishes data about some entities and defines an
identifier for each entity. Organisation B (in our case, DBpedia)
wants to publish additional data about these entities. Does B have to
use new identifiers? That doesn't feel right.

In RDF, URIs are primarily IDs. Their use as URLs is secondary. Why is
it so important what data I get when I use a URI as a URL? I honestly
don't quite understand.

DBpedia can offer triple files for download which contain Wikidata
URIs, and DBpedia can load such triples into a triple store. For
example, the triples available at dbpedia.org/sparql can use any
namespaces they want, they are by no means restricted to dbpedia.org.
What DBpedia can't do is change the data that an HTTP request to a
Wikidata URI returns. So what?

Slightly puzzled,
Christopher