Hi!

* Josselin Mouette <j...@debian.org> [2010-11-29 11:23:28 CET]:
> Le dimanche 28 novembre 2010 à 10:36 +0100, Alessandro Rubini a écrit :
> > Unfortunately, they may be right and in good faith.
> > This message confirms the swirl is just one of the defaults:
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/06/msg00340.html
>
> This is, again, *completely irrelevant*.

 It is, but ...

> I can reproduce the GAP logo in 3 clicks in Inkscape. Does it mean I can
> use it for my own clothing shop? NO, of course.

 Because the GAP logo is a trademark?

> A trademark is a trademark. If we don’t enforce it, we lose it.

 But the swirl is no trademark.

> I hope this time, for such blatant violation, SPI takes action.

 Actually SPI already had taken actions a while ago, and changed the
license terms for the swirl. Please be reminded of the text on
<http://www.debian.org/logos/>, read it again, and come to the same
conclusion: The trademark is *only* refering to the swirl with the
debian lettering attached. The swirl on itself is MIT/BSD licensed.

 Granted, they didn't "include" the copyright notice and "this"
permission notice with the copy on their site, but that still isn't a
trademark issue.

 The much I dislike the new license which leaves the swirl open to use
for everyone for everything they see fit, it's what was chosen for it.

 Thanks,
Rhonda
--
<dholbach> Last day of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek starting in
           34 minutes in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.feenode.net