Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Ben Finney writes ("Re: unknown license for package/debian/* in d/copyright
> in adopted package"):
> > The principle is to consider what a hypothetical future package
> > maintainer, or FTP master or recipient, will need to have to verify
> > the copyright holder does in fact grant the stated license.
> >
> > […]
> >
> > The important thing is that the grant be explicit, specific as to
> > which work and which license terms, and that it all be clearly in
> > writing.
>
> Do you agree that my mail exchange as found in the sympathy package is
> a good example of how to ask these questions, and how to record the
> answers ?

As to how to record the information, I would expect to find it in the
‘debian/copyright’ file, and I don't see what you're referring to at
<URL:https://sources.debian.net/src/sympathy/1.2.1%2Bwoking%2Bcvs%2Bgit20161222/debian/copyright/>.

So, if you can point to what you mean, I may be able to better respond :-)

--
 \       “Faith is the determination to remain ignorant in the face of |
  `\                 all evidence that you are ignorant.” —Shaun Mason |