On Sat, 2023-09-16 at 17:06 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 9/16/23 14:55, Phil Wyett wrote:
> > On Sat, 2023-09-16 at 08:17 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > > Greetings all;
> > >
> > > gkrellm has traditionally used mbmon to collect the motherboard
> > > data
> > > for
> > > temps and voltages that it can display. Bub mbmon won't run
> > > because
> > > it
> > > can't find the monitor util for this mid-range asus mobo.
> > > Complains
> > > because it cannot find a via-686 thing, which sounds a bit dated
> > > me.
> > >
> > > I just spent around 3 hours with synaptic looking for likely
> > > suspects
> > > w/o any hits.
> > >
> > > Asus z-370 mobo, i5 flavor full 32G memory
> > >
> > > Any suggestions??
> > >
> > > Thanks all;
> > >
> > > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would more up to date packages like 'lm-sensors' and/or 'dmidecode'
> > possible give you the data you are looking for? Any additional
> > information on the data you require and how it would be used would
> > be
> > advantageous.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Phil
> >
> Both of those are the newest versions according to apt.
> Thanks Phll
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Hi,

gkrellm does not depend on mbmon currently. mbmom should not be part of
a current conversation regarding use of gkrellm as I see it.

What data are you wanting from the motherboard and what have you tried
thus far?

Notes:

gkrellm depends on gtk2 and should be avoided IMHO.

Both gkrellm and especially mbmon are very dated and IMHO should not be
used with newer hardware as they likely do not fit requirements.

Regards

Phil

--
Playing the game for the games sake.