On Sun, 2023-09-17 at 06:39 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 9/17/23 05:35, Phil Wyett wrote:

> > > Both of those are the newest versions according to apt.
> > > Thanks Phll
> > >

> > > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > gkrellm does not depend on mbmon currently. mbmom should not be
> > part of
> > a current conversation regarding use of gkrellm as I see it.
> >
> > What data are you wanting from the motherboard and what have you
> > tried
> > thus far?
> >
> > Notes:
> >
> > gkrellm depends on gtk2 and should be avoided IMHO.
> >
> > Both gkrellm and especially mbmon are very dated and IMHO should
> > not be
> > used with newer hardware as they likely do not fit requirements.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Phil
> >
> No doubt true, but I've not found anything else you can park along
> the
> edge of the screen on every workspace so you've a constantly visible
> machine status. And I've not found anything that can report psu etc
> voltages, or fan speeds from those that have tach's since buster.
> Temps
> and other stuff still work though.  I find it handier than the lock
> button on the outhouse door at a family picnic. If Bill wilson has
> dropped it, what are folks using now?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Hi Gene,

Regarding edge of screen data like we are discussing. I personally use
the gnome desktop and have the 'Resource Monitor'[1] extension
installed. This allows for the displaying of a large amount of data.

For other data I use 'lm-sensors' from the terminal. This may offer you
more data, but only you can test and see.

'gkrellm' had its last git commit 3 years ago, so maybe the project is
stale. Only upstream could tell you that. Maybe ask upstream if
development is ongoing, a port to gtk 3 or 4 is in the works or what
the projects plans are in general?

[1] https://github.com/0ry0n/Resource_Monitor/

Regards

Phil