On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 11:52:04AM -0800, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> I updated my main machine to Bookworm (12.2, kernel 6.1.0.13-amd64)
> some time ago and it's running well.

> I read the fuss about EXT4 file system corruption.  At first
> I got the impression that this happened in 12.4, but further digging
> suggests that the bug was in 12.3, fixed in 12.4.  Is this the case,
> or should I wait for 12.5 before updating my other machines?

Yes, it's fixed.  The current stable kernel ABI is 6.1.0-17, which is
from a security update post 12.4.
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2024/msg00000.html>

The data corruption bug was initially fixed by a kernel which had a
major bug in a Wifi support module.  The kernel after *that* was the
first safe one.  And now we have -17 which is that plus some more
security fixes.  Upgrading is recommended.