On Fri, 2024-01-26 at 07:25 -0500, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 07:32:38PM -0500, Thomas George wrote:
> > > The current PSI works perfectly but I don't like the pale green prompt.
> > >
> > > Tried editing .bashrd , /ext/fprofile and /ext/bash.bashrc but no changes
> > > the PSI definition had any effect
> >
> > You appear to be asking about the shell prompt.
> >
> > In bash, the shell prompt is defined in the PS1 variable, which stands
> > for "Prompt String One (1)".  The last character is the numeral 1, not
> > the capital letter I.
>
> Might be time for a new font. I like Inconsolata, but l1I!
> should never look similar, nor O0@ or S$.

Maybe try Monospace, 'BPG Courier GPL&GNU' or 'BPG Courier S GPL&GNU'.
I'm finding the line spacing with Monospace more useful though, and it
seems better balanced and better readable than 'Source Code Pro'.

For proportional fonts Helvetica is awesome (the licence for it was
well worth it to me).

Monospace and Helvetica also go together very well.