On 29/01/24 at 23:31, Charles Curley wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 22:02:20 +0100
Franco Martelli <martelli...@gmail.com> wrote:

I read that for custom sequence I've to create a ~/.XCompose file,
but where can I find the character to map i.e. Greek letters: "α" "β"
"γ" ?

Try the gucharmap package. You look a character up by name, and copy it
into place. E.g. crocodile, 🐊.

Thanks, as I'm on KDE desktop I've installed "kcharselect" it does the same thing. It was a bit hard to find it, first I've looked for "Similar packages" section in the "gucharmap" web page ¹ but I didn't find nothing related to QT applications then I performed an "apt search kde char" and I found it.

There is a thing that it hurts me a little, if you look at the section "Similar package" in the "kcharselect" web page ² you'll find "gucharmap" but this is *not* true vice-versa.

Which guys takes care of section "Similar packages" into packages web pages? I think "kcharselect" must be added to "Similar packages" section of "gucharmap"!

Cheers,

¹ https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/gucharmap
² https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/kcharselect
--