Hi,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 09:50:23PM +0100, hw wrote:
> On Mon, 2024-01-29 at 23:53 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > I think you should read it again until you find the part where it
> > clearly states what the problem is with using MD RAID for this. If
> > you still can't find that part, there is likely to be a problem I
> > can't assist with.
>
> That there may be a problem doesn't automatically mean that you need a
> bunch of scripts.

This is getting quite tedious.

Multiple people have said that there is a concern that UEFI firmware
might write to an ESP, which would invalidate the use of software
RAID for the ESP.

Multiple people have suggested instead syncing ESP partitions in
userland. If you're going to do that then you'll need a script to do
it.

I don't understand what you find so difficult to grasp about this.
If it's that you have some other proposal for solving this, it would
be helpful for you to say so, instead of just repeating "why do you
need scripts, you don't need scripts", because if you just repeat
that, all I can do is repeat what I've already said until I become
bored and stop.

If your suggested solution is "use hardware RAID", no need to repeat
that one though: I see you said it in a few other messages, and that
suggestions has been received. Assume the conversation continues
amongst people who don't like that suggestion.

Otherwise, I don't think anyone knows what you have spent several
messages trying to say. All we got was, "you don't need scripts".

Thanks,
Andy