Dear Debian community,

Thank you for your insights. Unfortunately, the issue has worsened. Today, I
observed that upon unplugging the power cable, within one or two seconds, the
screen dims (brightness is set to zero), and both the external mouse and
keyboard (USB) stop working. Even if I try to use the keyboard or mouse, they
do not reactivate. Only the laptop's internal touchpad and keyboard continue to
function. When I reconnect the power cable, both the external mouse and
keyboard resume working automatically. However, I need to manually adjust the
screen brightness. I have not installed the usbguard package. Could there be
another underlying cause?

Best regards,

--
Marcelo