On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:49:54 -0300
Marcelo Laia <marcelol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for the invaluable assistance provided. Unfortunately,
> the issue has resurfaced today. I don't believe it's related to the
> age of the hardware, although my Inspiron 5547-A20 is from 2014, as
> indicated below:

A stab in the dark:

I take it that you ran the upower --dump command while the battery was
discharging. 10,916 V looks a bit odd to me. What does a dump show when
the battery is fully charged? I wonder if that voltage is too low to
support the laptop.

My two ancient Lenovos (2011 and 2012) are both showing much better
values than that.

The difference between the energy-full and energy-full-design values,
and the capacity both lead me to wonder if it isn't time to buy a new
battery (or maybe a new or refurbished laptop).

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/