>> That means that your DNS server is dying.  It sounds like this may be a
>> common problem with Microsoft DNS, where it starts choking if it has too
>> much in its cache.  Switching to the latest version of BIND may be the best
>> option.

Not sure what you are suggesting.

Latest version of Bind?

Correct.

Is there a newer version of MS DNS or are you suggesting a different
product.

I don't know -- I've never actually used MS DNS. But it sounds like there is a serious problem with MS DNS that a number of our customers have been seeing lately, where it slows down tremendously, that requires either a clearing of the cache or reboot to fix.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.