Responding to a couple of posts.

> Hey guys, this sounds like same problem that I have been experiencing,
> however it has been a bunch of spam with c.c. 's to non-existant mail
> addresses on my server (dictionary attack style) ..My DNS is working fine.

The specific problem I am reviewing and working on has to do with DNS based
tests that Declude does on messages for JunkMail. The above would not be
included in this, as Declude is not concerned with mail box lookup or
delivery.

> You might try another DNS server software. I use SimpleDNS Plus
> (http://www.jhsoft.com/), and run all my customer domains (350), 250K+
> messages per day with Declude and Imail using it, and 2000 dial
> customers, with no issues.

This is a cache only setup, no domains. Cost is a concern at this time,
unless I can prove that would be the answer. However, as I said earlier, the
problem was first experienced using BIND DNS servers. I need to follow up on
this.

> I have never heard MS DNS to be stable under high load conditions. It
> used to do strange things with more than 20 domains under very low load
> back in NT4, and I heard it had a memory leak under 2k with an earlier
> service pack.

Again, this is cache only. I did hear about some issues, but those were in
relation to AD and were fixed in SP3.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You