-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Bramble
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 9:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Overflow

Nick,

I think I might have been asking the question the other way around,
though I'm not positive it was taken the wrong way.

The theory here is that domains which accept every E-mail address in the

HELO won't be dictionary attacked past a few attempts because the
attacker's software will quickly determine that the attack isn't
exposing any addresses due to a catch all situation.  So maybe adding
the nobody alias back in, and redirecting that E-mail to an account that

deletes each E-mail automatically will resolve the issue of dictionary
attacks?

I see this stuff in my logs on occasion, but it never happens for a
prolonged period of time.  I'm thinking this is because 90% of my
domains had nobody aliases.  Unless someone only wants to DOS my server,

dictionary attacking a domain with a nobody alias is a waste of their
processing power just like it is a waste of mine.

Matt