Sanford Whiteman wrote:

No,  scanning  an  unindexed  text  file  with  tens  of  thousands of
addresses  is  NOT  faster than indexed LDAP lookups. Our LDAP servers
can handle millions of queries per hour.

If you index the data, you're just reinventing the wheel. LDAP is a
standard and powerful directory access protocol specifically designed
for this type of application.

I think you misread me. I meant that it could be loaded into memory along with the application. The application could index it internally (if necessary). The idea here is that it would only be read on the first use, or whenever there was a change in the source text file, but the application would not continually reference the text file.

Doesn't that make sense?

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/