Hi,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:17 PM, David Nuescheler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Similar to the existing protocol layers (webdav etc) on top of
> JCR that are already part of Jackrabbit, I would like to propose
> that we initiate first tests with an implementation in a sandbox
> project.

Sounds good. We can get started fast in the sandbox and decide later
whether the effort should be promoted to Jackrabbit trunk, turned into
a subproject, or branched off somewhere else.

> But most importantly it will provide an platform for
> interested parties to collaborate in the open on an
> implementation.

Agreed. Especially if many of the interested people are already
familiar with Apache and Jackrabbit.

> Most of the organizations on the technical committee of CMIS
> are already heavily involved at Apache either as contributors or as
> sponsors and are also on the JCR expert group.

If there are existing Apache committers from other projects who'd be
interested in working on this, then we could simplify things by
opening write access in the Jackrabbit sandbox to all Apache
committers.

BR,

Jukka Zitting