hi julian,

thanks for your comments.

>> Since functionally the CMIS specification is a subset of the
>> JCR specification it allows a very simple and straight-forward mapping to
>> a fully compliant JCR repository such as Jackrabbit.
> Yes, the more challenging part is the mapping *from* a JCR repository (how
> to deal with the information loss).
yeah, that's true.

it seems that the ideal cmis client (in our case) would be an spi client
which then in term would expose jcr again.

> Defining a mapping will be useful, because it could be re-used to define
>  the relation of CMIS and WebDAV. I think the technically most interesting
> approach would be to enhance WebDAV to carry the information it currently
> doesn't have (such as node type information), and then to build CMIS as an
> extension *into* the Jackrabbit WebDAV layer.
absolutely. i think this would be particularly interesting given the fact that a
lot of the functionality is already defined in webdav.

i wonder if it is possibly to steer the tc into that direction.

> Another thing the CMIS TC should look into are the various proposals for
> including support for hierarchies into AtomPub (see, for example,
> <http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/feeds/spec/draft-divilly-atompub-hierarchy-00.html>).
> It seems to me that this problem is generic enough, and the solution should
> not be specific to CMIS.
good point.
do you want me to post this an issue for the tc? ...or do you want to
post it yourself.

regards,
david