On Dec 2, 2008, at 5:15 AM, Dominique Pfister wrote:
That's a good point. It makes no sense to have both bindings - REST
and SOAP - translate their calls into JCR API, but rather have a
generic CMIS to JCR adapter that can be plugged into either of the two
binding implementations.

Okay, but let's do better than the initial CMIS specs and
stop calling it a REST binding.  REST is not a protocol.
Please just call it an AtomPub binding.

Also, I don't think we should implement any of the HTTP
extensions in the AtomPub binding -- they are neither
necessary nor desirable.  We should show the TC how to
implement it right, not just implement whatever they suggest.

....Roy