> On Mar 21, 2018, at 7:21 AM, Gerald Henriksen <ghenr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:04:39 +0100, you wrote:
>> Bundling a custom JRE along with Cassandra, would be convenient in a way
>> that we can do all the testing against the bundled Java version. We
>> could also switch to a new Java version whenever it fits us.
>
> To a certain extent though the issue isn't whether Cassandra works
> well with the given JRE but rather the issue of having a supported JRE
> in a production environment.

This, plus the license issue, probably makes this a non-option.

(The license question is closed for the record:

https://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html - The Apache Software
Foundation does not allow its own projects to distribute software under
licenses more restrictive than the Apache License)