> Even if you are not running say Debian, or RedHat, those distributions
> will be backporting critical fixes to their JVMs; This work is going
> to be done, and will be available to anyone.
This would certainly mitigate a lot of the core problems with the new
release model. Has there been any public statements of plans/intent
with regards to distros doing this?

In terms of the burden of bugfixes and security fixes if we bundled a
JRE w/C*, cutting a patch release of C* with a new JRE distribution
would be a really low friction process (add to build, check CI, green,
done), so I don't think that would be a blocker for the concept.

The whole license restriction aspect of it, however, obviously is (and
makes complete sense).