Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

OK, along the same theme of quick hacks I've put a simple demo together for you. To see it you need to checkout the locationmap_branch of Forrest. Seed a fresh site, do "forrest run" and look at the locaitonmap sample (last item in the samples menu).

cool, seems to work fine:

http://greg.abstrakt.ch/gallery/lenya/lenya_in_forrest

There are a few things to note here:

For a) you could have a look at the Daisy plugin (in the whiteboard of the locationmap branch). This provides pre and post filters to documents retrieved from daisy for doing things like URL rewriting and adding additional content (such as a disclaimer that the content is from a remote site, a license, a link back to the edit page for the document, that kind of thing). I suspect that the way I am doing this stuff will change when I find the time to get to grips with views.

Although a long way from perfect I hope this is enough to illustrate how to do the integration (see I told you it was easy with the locationmap :-))

so initially, people could write documents in lenya, publish them, and then head over to forrest(bot?) to slurp all these pages in? the precise workflow will of course have to be worked out.

Precisely.

With a longer term goal of having Lenya writing to SVN so that we can also work offline in our preferred editing tools.

Ross