eric.bachard wrote:
> Hi Malte,
>
> Malte Timmermann a écrit :
>> I would have thought you simply need to set the background from the underlying system window to transparent before showing it, and
>> everything should work automatically then?
>
> Thanks for the hint :-)
>
> In fact, after some researchs in introwin.hxx, oudev.hxx, window.h window.hxx and all *win parents , I found nothing who works directly (this is probably my fault though).
>
> The only closest solution I found does consist in use EnableEraseBackground( aBool ), but so far, this method is implemented in salobj.cxx or syschild.cxx , so a (hackish imho) solution would consist in - if I'm not too wrong - call GetSystemData() and set the right value using mpWindowImpl-mpSysObj->IsEraseBackgroundEnabled() to the right value in the Ctor, and reinitialize it in the Dtor. Or something similar with syschildwindow .. (please be gentle if I'm plain wrong with such idea ;-) )

The intro bitmap does not involve any SalObject; mpSysObj will always be NULL here.

> From my side, I'd finaly prefer the clipping solution suggested by Thorsten, and that I mentioned in a previous mail

That is the right thing to do IMHO; it will work out of the box on all platforms. For performance reasons it might be advisable to set a mask instead of a region, but we'd need additional code to do that.

Just my 2 cents, pl

--
Sanity is just a bad excuse for a lack of imagination.
     -- Author unknown

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551
Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering