On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 8:25 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 19, 2018, at 11:55 AM, David Zuelke <dzue...@salesforce.com> wrote:
>>

>> I hate to break this to you, and I do not want to discredit the
>> amazing work all the contributors here are doing, but httpd 2.4 is of
>> miserable, miserable quality when it comes to breaks and regressions.
>>

> Gee Thanks! That is an amazing compliment to be sure. I have
> NO idea how ANYONE could take that in any way as discrediting
> the work being done.
>
> Sarcasm aside, could we do better? Yes. Can we do better? Yes.
> Should we do better? Yes. Will we do better? Yes.
>
> BTW, you DID see how h2 actually came INTO httpd, didn't you??

Of course, but that's exactly my point. It was introduced not in
2.4.0, but in 2.4.17. Five "H2…" config directives are available in
2.4.18+ only, one in 2.4.19+, and three in 2.4.24+.

I'm not saying no directives should ever be added in point releases or
anything, but the constant backporting of *features* to 2.4 has
contributed to the relatively high number of regressions, and to a
lack of progress on 2.6/3.0, because, well, if anything can be put
into 2.4.next, why bother?

David