On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 5:12 AM Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I gave you beta males an entire year

His Alpha Most Serene Highness is too kind to us..

> to find an excuse for completely boning the modperl user community for no
> good reason,

_You_ did that (boning the modperl user community), by spitting your
venom on everyone here (and in all the forums) and nothing else.
You, as a member of the httpd team, could have fixed it and
started/encouraged a new release with the one-liner fix, yet your
first/primary point was to insult others for having touched your
(alphally broken) code and introduced a (betally edge) regression,
which His Alpha Most Serene Highness' test suite didn't caught btw.

> So far, the only thing to come of putting apreq inside httpd is that third
> party quality control teams put some elbow grease into fuzzing its various
> parsers and found a sore spot that you bland engineers felt put upon to fix.
> And so you botched that patch too, largely out of spite for the makework.

Actually it did find multiple sore spots, otherwise you can imagine
that we plebs would never have dared to touch as much of His Alpha
Most Serene Highness' code.