Let's be honest for once Yann. You came up with this hairbrained patch over
2 years ago right here:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1895107

Yet the first time anyone actually ran the unit tests for apreq was during
the 2.17 release process **8 months later**.  And because you are such a
prima donna Yann, Joe Orton (who I always respect) would rather remove the
test that flagged your patch, just so he could get the damned thing out the
door without dealing with you further.

Instead, he had to deal with me.   Tradeoffs are everywhere in life.