El 25/08/2010 17:58, en/na Santiago Bosio ha escrit:
Rafaella Braconi escribió:
Dear All,

this is a reminder that builds are available at the below location, as announced by Vladimir. Deadline for providing fixes is September 2nd. Please make sure to inform the list immediately in case of critical issues. In case of possible show stoppers, don't hesitate to nominate your issue to the releases list.

For all the ones who would like to test the new features, please note that TCM has a special scenario with latest test cases to test the new features (thanks Joost!).

Kind Regards,
Rafaella
Rafaella:

I just need a clarification here. The fixes that we can provide until september 2nd. need to be notified by entering issues, or can we just correct the errors on the Pootle server and after the deadline you will capture a new snapshot for the final translation?
I'm wondering the same.
In case of Catalan, we rushed to get to the 100% translated in ordre to meet the deadline. I have a looong list of changes to do, including correcting mistranslations, spell&grammar mistakes, ensuring translation consistency throughout the product, etc.

To make things worse: in the previous 3.2.1 release I was correcting hundreds of the aforementioned mistakes. When the strings were updated in Pootle for 3.3, I found to my dispair that LOTS of my corrections were rolled back. My take is that the obsolete strings in .po (marked with #~) were to blame. In my global QA for 3.2.1, obviously I didn't take into account the obsolete strings. Apparently, when updating the strings, Pootle (well, I guess it was Translate Toolkit) preferred to take the obsolete strings as translation instead of the actual newer reviewed string. It probably has to do with the update process not "reusing" the strings (even with the same string ID) when they have been moved to another file (which I seem to remember it was reported here not long ago). Anyway, for whatever reason it happened and it adds to the things in my list to correct for 3.3.

Getting back to the topic: If you tell us that the Pootle files will be all "picked up" again for the upcoming 3.3 release, I'd take the time to try to fix as many errors as possible within the deadline. In this case, please specify if this deadline is the latest opportunity we have to change files in pootle or there will be other builds in the future. If you tell us that only major fixes (though issues) will be addressed, I'll leave it for the next release.

Finally, I do not really understand how the deadline is scheduled for the middle of the Oooconf next week! Those of us attending will be missing 4 days! Couldn't it be moved to after oooconf?

salut
jordi s