Hi Eike,

On 2011-04-15 14:24, Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi Dwayne,

On Friday, 2011-04-15 12:43:45 +0200, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

Instead of reinventing the wheel.  Why not use poconflicts?
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/poconflicts - which
detects these kinds of different translations.
That's a solution for a different problem. We don't want to detect
different translations of a term, but identical translations of
different terms within a given set. For example Calc function names, if
both SEARCH and FIND are translated identical it breaks functionality.
As Friedel said poconflicts does do the inverse by using the -v or inverse option. What it doesn't do is limit the checks to a subset and it doesn't integrate easily with Pootle.

Martin raises a concern that the output is unreadable to a human being, I experienced the same issue when trying to identify the errors for ZA languages. This is my reason for wanting to see these types of scripts more tightly coupled to Pootle itself. Or for now at least to turn the errors into links to the actual unit on Pootle so that a translator can easily take action.

I'd rather see us spending some time to create a way to inject and store arbitrary errors for PO files stored on Pootle. That way anyone can create a script that identifies problems, injects them into Pootle and allows translators to fix them quickly on Pootle in an environment that is familiar and safe.
Btw, your message had to be moderated through, I thought you were
subscribed to the list, isn't that the case?
I am on the ML - perhaps I look like a spammer?

--
regards
Dwayne