ok
there is only one additional point: when things were working previously
because of special cases that were handled with specific code previously, the
change has to be done with extra care: that's where the general intent of
fixing things has the immediate opposite effect

Then always we careful on the idea of "fixing" when it comes to Maven core,
since the effect is not always limited to the initial intend: there are so
many plugins, so many situations

Regards,

Hervé