Marco,

You could sell your idea better, I think. You have "Most of the big
projects want to do this" as one of the stronger arguments in favor, which
isn't enough. For 20 years, Lean/Agilistas have focussed on "what is the
problem you're trying to solve?". And that is the question, I personally*
would want to make to you.

* I'm an interloper to this list, not a committer.

Maven experts really do one setup thing: "brew install maven" (or equiv).

Then they clone repos that purport to be example applications for the think
they want (SpringBoot, Grails). Then they mvn install that and the bits of
the SDK they need come down to their local cache. It has been four years
since I last acquired a new JVM technology any other way.

- Paul