On 3 Oct 07, at 2:34 AM 3 Oct 07, Mark Struberg wrote:

Hi Jason!

first, both thumbs up!
The main reason why it's hard to get used to git is
because most people work with centralised CVS-like VCS
systems since decades and git is completely different.

But getting used to git only takes a few weeks and
after that one will never switch back (if he is not
forced by the company).

Now my question: Is this git repo up to date, or at
least will it be in the future?

Yup, I'll rebase frequently but really based on feedback from people a little heads up I will rebase at will if necessary. This is the first experiment but I see that 28 people have cloned the one of the GIT repositories so I imagine I will just automate something. But I would like to try a few cycles of people cloning, me pulling into a work branch, merging and syncing back to Apache before we go hog wild. I'm going to put the legal muck in there as well. Before the first merge back can happen any code grants and relinquishing all right to Apache must happen as part of this process.

Are the main users using git from now on, or are there
still people pushing their changes to SVN directly and
you have to do git-svnimport or git-svn from time to
time?

SVN will be the source of truth at Apache for quite some time I imagine. It's only me so far and it's really to facilitate people working effectively who do not have direct access to our SVN repositories.

txs,
strub