two more that I drew over the holidays:

http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-12.png (in
context:
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/screenshot-12.png)

http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-13.png (in
context:
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/screenshot-13.png)

I really would like some contributions from the community rather than just
things that I have sketched...

At present, to my mind, the ones worth consideration are:

http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-3a.png
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-5.png
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-7b.png
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-9.png (note
would need to check if we can use this one)
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-12.png
http://people.apache.org/~stephenc/maven-logo-contest/maven-13.png

In terms of image rights, these are all sketched by me, in some cases I was
using images or photos that I took myself (3a , 5 and 13). In other cases I
traced photos from the web. -9 is the most problematic, both from the point
of an all black silhouette being used as a logo for another company using
the Maven mark (but not in our context... we'd need to ask permission) but
also being a direct trace of an image on the web... if people really like
-9 then we would need to seek permission for that type of image and perhaps
try and commission somebody to draw a similar silhouette rather than my
direct trace. -12 is a composition including a direct trace of the outline
of a photo of the totem carving of the raven, but the inner detail I drew
myself as a study of the original... so slightly more complex origin...
again, if this type of look is popular we can look into getting the
approval to use the image.

If we can get a few community contributions then I will start a vote
run-off... I don't want to have a run-off with only my contributions as I
just don't think that is the spirit of the community that we are (but hey
if nobody else is willing to try their hand, perhaps we will be reduced to
a run-off of my creations)

On 21 December 2013 12:25, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com