I advise that we add a comment in each closing issue explaining that it was
closed specifically because it's more than 2 years old and to re-open it
only if it is still valid. Otherwise, it will look very rude to close a
ticket without an explanation.

BTW, what I just recommended was done by JBoss Hibernate and Spring
Framework when they cleared out their old tickets. It was great to know
their reasoning.

--
Cheers,
Paul