> > Yes, I understand, but when one mailing list member is holding up
>  >  progress by providing only negative, non-constructive feedback and
>  >  even admits that his own branch of the thread has ceased to be useful,
>
>  perhaps due to my lack of English these comments didn't sound that
>  "non-constructive" I understood them as a valid concerns, which IMO
>  legitimate to share them. BTW. here is an interesting FAQ ([1])

The problem was that the conversation stopped being one and was
stopping others from providing feedback. The problem was that no
solutions were being offered by Blake on how to address the issue that
Christi brought up. When I gave supporting evidence to support why
there are existing problems with usage of Trinidad and gave real world
examples, Blake decided to try to prove that my past company was
stupid and that the way that they have to do business is by having to
maintain and develop their own custom version of Trinidad. Not once
was there offered a way to improve the Trinidad code to address
Christi's question or even to validate that Christi has a valid
concern.

To continuously show disregard for peoples opinions and to say that
entire companies have incorrect view points is not constructive.

I have not been exposed to this type of heckling in the open source
community before to the point where open source contributers instead
of trying to assist a user in finding a solution, instead tell them
that their problem is invalid.

The comments on concerns on if exposing renderer methods as part of
the API is very valid, as is making any of trinidad-impl public API.
On the other hand, to say that no one has valid a need for extending a
renderer and arguing that point is not a constructive practice in
helping our user base. I would not have reacted this way if Blake was
willing to provide solutions to the problem that went beyond
maintaining their own source code. Telling someone their use cases are
not valid, especially ones that that were not theoretical shows a
complete lack of respect for one's peers.

In order to help Christi out, I asked what was starting to be a flame
war to stop. I then logged all the ideas that had been presented thus
far an solicited opinions from others. I also have apologized for my
behavior, which I see that has not been reciprocated.

Sorry for closing the discussion, and please, if anyone else has any
news ideas or view points to present, please share them. In respect to
Christi, I just ask that we do not attempt to beat the dead horse by
continuing to discuss validity of his, mine and others' points of
view.

Thank you,
-Andrew