On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org> wrote:
> On 6/21/2013 9:59 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]

>>> The CD is not from the Apache OpenOffice project.  It was not reviewed
>>> and approved for release by the project.  It is a 3rd party product.
>>> The website says it is from "Verein Freies Office Deutschland e.V..":
>>

>> No, this is absolutely *not* true!
>>
>> The "Verein Freies Office Deutschland e.V.." is NOT the creator of the
>> PrOOo-box, but that's us (Detlef, Jan and I) three members of the
>> AOO-Community in Germany.
>>
>> You can see my entry here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Directory+of+Volunteers
>>
>> and I can gladly Jan and Detlef ask to register there.
>>
>> The "Verein Freies Office Deutschland e.V. is the *only* one who pays us
>> the hosting of the Box (850 euros per year).
>>
>> *We would be pleased if the Apache paid. Apache wants to do that?*
>

> As far as I understand the Apache way: Apache products must be hosted by
> Apache infrastructure(*), but as the PrOOo-Box certainly contains also
> non-Apache products it cannot be hosted at Apache. Seems a Catch-22 to me.
> Does someone has any good idea how to fix this? It would certainly be a good
> thing to continue the PrOOo-Box within the AOO community.

Do you have a list of what non-Apache products are included?

There may be something possible here.

The AOO install sets, for example, include non-Apache components.  But
we had to carefully review them for license requirements, and document
these licenses and required notices, etc.  And this was all decided by
a public vote of the PMC.

So this may be possible.  But it must start with a proposal and
discussion on the dev list.  So it is good to start this discussion
now.

-Rob