Thanks Michael,

 -- Original Message --
From: RA Stehmann [mailto:anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 07:07
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Inappropriate "Compliance Costs"

[ ... ]

All licenses with a copyleft, even with the weakest, force developers
into compliance (but never users). A developer has to find out in all
cases, whether he or she could satisfy the copyleft clause and - if
applicable - in what way she or he can do it.

<orcmid>
  I think every open-source license has compliance conditions, even it if
  is only the necessity of preserving notices and perhaps providing
  attribution to the original source.

  Also, many releases, under any kind of license, may have dependencies
  and components under different licenses.

  So attention is always required.  And yes, then the developer must
  determine what is to be done about all of that.  And for a firm,
  there is the need for legal advice.
</orcmid>

A problem as well is, that there are too many free software licenses.

Nevertheless I'm a "fan boy" of a powerful copyleft. Freedom is
necessarily stressful.

Kind regards
Michael