On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org> wrote:

> I am a very experienced programmer and computer architect, now retired. My
> current strongest language is Java, but I have programmed in many languages
> and can learn them as needed. My last professional C++ work was in the
> 1980's.
>
> Although I am Chair of the Apache River PMC, the types of work it
> currently needs, other than the facilitation and reporting I do as Chair,
> are outside my areas of expertise. I have time to do some programming
> elsewhere.
>
> I have been an OpenOffice user - I started using StarOffice at Sun around
> 2000 - but more recently I've switched to LibreOffice because of lack of
> OpenOffice releases. I am now downloading OpenOffice 4.1.2.
>
> I have become aware that OpenOffice needs more developers. Despite the
> rustiness of my C++, I hope I can help. If so, how should I get started?

​You have wonderful experience, Patricia! ​Thank you for your interest.
Stay tuned. We'll be discussing plans and tasks  for the future very soon.
Meanwhile, we could certainly use some "architect" eyes on our code. Please
weigh in as you see fit.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu