Hello Regina, Michael,

first of all: Thank you for that quick response, you guys are awesome!

> from scratch), but actually a lot of the time it is caused by user error,
> such as building from tarballs and not unpacking the external library
> tarball, or deleting parts of the build output and then not rebuilding that.

Indeed.

I admit that I am running quite a non-standard build:

./configure\
        --disable-mozilla\
        --disable-vba\
        --disable-mathmldtd\
        --disable-cups\
        --disable-odk\
        --disable-gstreamer\
        --disable-systray\
        --disable-gconf\
        --disable-gnome-vfs\
        --disable-binfilter\
        --disable-pam\
        --disable-kdeab\
        --disable-build-mozilla\
        --without-fonts\
        --without-ppds\
        --without-afms\
        --with-package-format=native\
        --with-system-libs\
        --with-system-boost\
        --with-system-headers\
        --with-system-agg=no\
        --with-system-sane-header=no\
        --with-system-cppunit=no\
        --with-java=no\
        --with-dict=ENGB,ENUS,DEDE

Actually I'd like to use system libs wherever possible.  Although I have
icu installed the build breaks.

When inserting --with-system-icu=no so that the module icu is built
everything is fine and the build proceeds.

Bug or feature?

Okay, not it breaks with the following error message:

[ build CXX ] vcl/source/window/syschild
/home/sxw/work/DEV300/vcl/source/window/syschild.cxx:52:17: fatal error:
jni.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: ***
[/home/sxw/work/DEV300/solver/300/unxlngi6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/vcl/source/window/syschild.o]
Error 1
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'

So, it seems that building without Java is no longer supported, is it?

Simon