Hello Michael,

> sorry for replying late (vacation...)

never mind! :)

> probably --with-system-libs also works more often than not, but by
> manually specifying --with-system-foo you quickly enter unmapped territory.

Yes, that is what I thought.  Thanks.

In this case, however, I used --with-system-libs solely, the build
broke and I had to use some --with-system-foo=no so that the build
process uses the shipped library versions.

> > /home/sxw/work/DEV300/vcl/source/window/syschild.cxx:52:17: fatal error:
> > jni.h: No such file or directory
>
> hmm... no idea why vcl would need JNI.

syschild.cxx makes use of jvmaccess::VirtualMachine and
ImplTestJavaException in GetParentWindowHandle.

But actually it should work --without-java since the code passages in
question are surrounded by #ifdef SOLAR_JAVA.

Maybe I have a look at this when I find the time for it.

> > So, it seems that building without Java is no longer supported, is it?
>
> well, maybe you're the only one who does this,

Yeah, I know, I know... Maybe it you should remove the configure option
so that it's not tempting anymore. ;)

Simon