Hi,

Andreas Kalsch wrote:
One simple answer: The drivers do not work appropriately with complex SQL data types. In PHP or node.js I will get a string that I have to parse, in MongoDB, I get a proper object or list. If I used hstore in a consequent way (I like consequence and unification), I would have sets in sets,

It seems to me that you are mistaking "consequence" for "exaggeration". In many cases - especially when dealing with large real-world datasets as opposed to a nice little hello-world application -, a healthy compromise works better than grabbing one concept and trying to make the world fit that concept.

But just intermingling things for fun does not make the world better.

I think you're misunderstanding. hstore has not been implemented for fun. (Are you aware that PostgreSQL can extend column indexes to hstore keys?)

MongoDB, for example, unifies worlds by simply using JSON. I don't have to manually parse things I do not need to parse.

In turn, you will have a hard time getting the performance required for a planet-wide application out of MongoDB.

Bye
Frederik